Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. If you read my quarantine post, then you know that making bookmarks was one of the ways I’m combating quarantine stress.
For today’s post, I wanted to share a fun DIY project to help keep you busy.
- Grab your supplies.
- I will be using scissors, masking tape, watercolors, a brush, pencil, eraser and a jar of water.
If you want your bookmark to have a cute cat such as my space cat bookmark draw them first.
- Stick your masking tape to your jeans first before putting it on your watercolor paper this will prevent ripping your paper later.
- Lightly brush on some water to your paper
- Next, dip your brush in the water, then on your desire color and add it to your paper.
- using the same tenique (dipping in water and dipping in color) continue adding color
- I decided to concentrate the color in one area. For those spots I used less water and more color.
- Your bookmark should look like this colorful blob.
- Add another color! I chose orange.
- Continue adding your new color or colors.
- Dip your brush in water and blend your colors togethers.
- After you’ve blended decide where you want some colors to pop and dip your brush in those pans.
- Have some fun and play around with your bookmark until you get a design you’re happy with it.
- Decide what quote you want to adorn your bookmark
- Write in your quote with your pencil
- Trace your quote with a good pen
- Enjoy your new bookmark.
More of a video learner? Check out this video on how to create a galaxy effect using water color.
I hope you give this Diy a try! See you next time but until then continue living in libros,